|NPR iPad app|
- iPad users are predominantly well-educated, affluent men between 35 and 64 who purchased the device within the first two months of its release.
- The overall satisfaction and time spent with the iPad are very high.
- Keeping up with news and current events is the most popular use.
- iPad news consumers prefer newspaper applications to newspaper websites and are less likely to use print publications.
- Positive iPad reading experience is influenced by age and traditional media habits.
- Low prices and ease of use are key factors in users’ decisions to purchase newspaper subscriptions on the iPad.
- iPad users predominantly consumed news at home
- iPad users preferred reading long-form text stories on the iPad