Monday, March 15, 2010

Wisconsin Public Radio Listener Survey

This morning I got a flood of emails after sending out a survey to a randomly selected 10,000 Wisconsin Public Radio (WPR) listeners yesterday for my dissertation (I'm working on my PhD in journalism). Many of the emails complain that the survey is too long.

I agree that it's a pretty long and comprehensive survey. The main reason is because my dissertation project, a study of digital media habits of public radio listeners and producers, needs to answer many questions that no other studies have asked before. So I really appreciate your patience in filling out the survey. To ease the burden, I've set up the survey to save your responses automatically so that you don't have to finish it in one session.

I understand that we ask a lot from listeners. You just endured a pledge drive earlier this month, for example. But WPR is at a pivotal point of its digital media effort. We just started the first stage of total makeover of our website. For that gigantic task, WPR just hired me as their New Media Content Director this month. A long-time listener, I really want to do a great job and give all of us a brand new, easy to navigate website and mobile application down the road. Your input is the most important advice I can get to make the new website a success.

Thanks so much for your time and help.

Lisa

1 comment:

jbd said...

Hey! "Endured a pledge drive?"
;)